Inventory Note Gardens Oy Vey is known over the last few years for carrying many rare and unique trees, shrubs and plants, all full size plants, directly from the nursery to our clients. This causes us to get many requests for products we don't currently have in-stock. We do source many trees from local grower friends and collectors. New products are added all year round, but we typically bring in new cultivars faster than we can get them listed. If you don't see a tree or plant listed contact us. Keep in mind that 50-60% of our inventory is rare and in short supply, and not available at your local Garden Centers, as some plants run out they may not be available again for years.
Basic Policies We are always here to do right by our customers. If you feel like your transaction was not to your expectations, contact us for resolution. Shipping USPS Priority and for larger orders or bigger plants we use UPS Ground or FedEx Ground. We ship year round, but sometimes we skip a week or three due to extreme weather, delaying Holidays, tender new growth or busy season delays. All plants are grown outside the greenhouse environment in zone 7b Thus making them smaller than greenhouse (forced growth) plants you may purchase from other nurseries, we believe this to be the best growing method for longevity and hardiness and makes for better general plant starts, it also helps in reducing transplant shock and leaf scorch. We ship plant material year round, but realize your location may require up to a 6 month delay for weather. Maples and other deciduous trees have tender leaves so we prefer to ship them in dormancy. We don't mind holding orders for up to 6 months to accommodate your optimal planting season, just leave us a 2-3 week shipping window in the checkout comment box. If you live in a seasonally extreme climate and do not request a specific shipping window you assume all risks of receiving plants outside your optimal planting season. Inventory's are typically highest midsummer and midwinter, so don't hesitate on getting your orders placed for future shipping. We will alert you a week or two week before we ship. Although rare, sometimes your new purchases will perish or be degrading in health from shipping. If this happens please contact us below (within 24 hours of receiving shipment) for further instructions. We do not accept returns so do not ship plants back to us. Your order will carry a guarantee from shipping damage or rapidly desiccating foliage and/or branches. We require pictures of damaged boxes and plant material within 24 hours to start the credit process. Once a product ships, shipping costs will not be refunded.
Q. How Much is shipping? We do ship USPS, UPS and FEDEX. STARTING 2019 WE WILL SHIP FREE TO 35 STATES AND WITH REDUCED RATES TO THE REST OF THE COUNTRY TO STREAMLINE WITH OUR AMAZON, ETSY AND EBAY ACCOUNTS.
Q. What are the sizes? A. All of our plant material is sold by years of growth. We have found this to be the most honest way of selling plants. Generally speaking 1-3 years of growth will be growing in 1 gallon nursery pots. 4-7 years of growth in 2-3 gallon nursery pots. 8-10 years of growth in a 5-6 gallon nursery pots. This is all averages of coarse. Some of the miniature products will be in a 1 gallon pot at 11+ years old. Please know and understand the cultivars you are purchasing. Plant material grown in nursery pots are not going to be the same sizes as the 10 year average landscape sizes posted in the plant description pages on our website. These descriptions are for design reference only and assume the product was planted in the landscape at year 1 with no transplant shock for 10 years straight, also note the pictures we use on the website are mostly of plants in display gardens at varying ages and should not be used as an indicator of the sizes you are purchasing. We reserve the right to selectively prune all plant material before shipping. We typically only do this for the faster growing trees (Japanese Maples) and will never prune a tree out of proper structure (just to fit a box). We strongly encourage you prune your maples to promote proper branching and structure anyway. Our growing practices include low dose slow release fertilizers and structural pruning for proper branching and aesthetics. These trees are ready to shoot new roots into your gardens, patio pots, or continue on with bonsai practice. Very healthy way to start young trees, with our attention to details and ability to still offer affordable plants, you can be assured a quality product at reasonable prices. Our plants are propagated by seedlings, cuttings or grafts. All determined by each cultivars requirements.
An important note: We only ship to the Continental Central USA and not to Alaska, Hawaii and the American Territories.
Interpretation and Definitions ==============================
The words of which the initial letter is capitalized have meanings defined under the following conditions. The following definitions shall have the same meaning regardless of whether they appear in singular or in plural.
* Account means a unique account created for You to access our Service or parts of our Service.
* Company (referred to as either "the Company", "We", "Us" or "Our" in this Agreement) refers to Gardens Oy Vey, 4655 CHESTER RD, ARLINGTON TN 38002.
* Cookies are small files that are placed on Your computer, mobile device or any other device by a website, containing the details of Your browsing history on that website among its many uses.
* Country refers to: Tennessee, United States
* Device means any device that can access the Service such as a computer, a cellphone or a digital tablet.
* Personal Data is any information that relates to an identified or identifiable individual.
* Service refers to the Website.
* Service Provider means any natural or legal person who processes the data on behalf of the Company. It refers to third-party companies or individuals employed by the Company to facilitate the Service, to provide the Service on behalf of the Company, to perform services related to the Service or to assist the Company in analyzing how the Service is used.
* Usage Data refers to data collected automatically, either generated by the use of the Service or from the Service infrastructure itself (for example, the duration of a page visit).
* Website refers to Gardens Oy Vey - An Online Nursery, accessible from <https://www.gardensoyvey.com/#/>
* You means the individual accessing or using the Service, or the company, or other legal entity on behalf of which such individual is accessing or using the Service, as applicable.
Collecting and Using Your Personal Data =======================================
Types of Data Collected -----------------------
Personal Data ~~~~~~~~~~~~~
While using Our Service, We may ask You to provide Us with certain personally identifiable information that can be used to contact or identify You. Personally identifiable information may include, but is not limited to:
* Email address
* First name and last name
* Phone number
* Address, State, Province, ZIP/Postal code, City
* Usage Data
Usage Data ~~~~~~~~~~
Usage Data is collected automatically when using the Service.
Usage Data may include information such as Your Device's Internet Protocol address (e.g. IP address), browser type, browser version, the pages of our Service that You visit, the time and date of Your visit, the time spent on those pages, unique device identifiers and other diagnostic data.
When You access the Service by or through a mobile device, We may collect certain information automatically, including, but not limited to, the type of mobile device You use, Your mobile device unique ID, the IP address of Your mobile device, Your mobile operating system, the type of mobile Internet browser You use, unique device identifiers and other diagnostic data.
We may also collect information that Your browser sends whenever You visit our Service or when You access the Service by or through a mobile device.
Tracking Technologies and Cookies ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Cookies can be "Persistent" or "Session" Cookies. Persistent Cookies remain on Your personal computer or mobile device when You go offline, while Session Cookies are deleted as soon as You close Your web browser. Learn more about cookies: [Cookies by PrivacyPolicies Generator](https://www.privacypolicies.com/blog/privacy-policy- template/#Use_Of_Cookies_Log_Files_And_Tracking).
We use both Session and Persistent Cookies for the purposes set out below:
* Necessary / Essential Cookies
Type: Session Cookies
Administered by: Us
Purpose: These Cookies are essential to provide You with services available through the Website and to enable You to use some of its features. They help to authenticate users and prevent fraudulent use of user accounts. Without these Cookies, the services that You have asked for cannot be provided, and We only use these Cookies to provide You with those services.
* Cookies Policy / Notice Acceptance Cookies
Type: Persistent Cookies
Administered by: Us
* Functionality Cookies
Type: Persistent Cookies
Administered by: Us
Purpose: These Cookies allow us to remember choices You make when You use the Website, such as remembering your login details or language preference. The purpose of these Cookies is to provide You with a more personal experience and to avoid You having to re-enter your preferences every time You use the Website.
Use of Your Personal Data -------------------------
The Company may use Personal Data for the following purposes:
* To provide and maintain our Service , including to monitor the usage of our Service.
* To manage Your Account: to manage Your registration as a user of the Service. The Personal Data You provide can give You access to different functionalities of the Service that are available to You as a registered user.
* For the performance of a contract: the development, compliance and undertaking of the purchase contract for the products, items or services You have purchased or of any other contract with Us through the Service.
* To contact You: To contact You by email, telephone calls, SMS, or other equivalent forms of electronic communication, such as a mobile application's push notifications regarding updates or informative communications related to the functionalities, products or contracted services, including the security updates, when necessary or reasonable for their implementation.
* To provide You with news, special offers and general information about other goods, services and events which we offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased or enquired about unless You have opted not to receive such information.
* To manage Your requests: To attend and manage Your requests to Us.
* For business transfers: We may use Your information to evaluate or conduct a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of Our assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which Personal Data held by Us about our Service users is among the assets transferred.
* For other purposes : We may use Your information for other purposes, such as data analysis, identifying usage trends, determining the effectiveness of our promotional campaigns and to evaluate and improve our Service, products, services, marketing and your experience.
We may share Your personal information in the following situations:
Retention of Your Personal Data -------------------------------
The Company will also retain Usage Data for internal analysis purposes. Usage Data is generally retained for a shorter period of time, except when this data is used to strengthen the security or to improve the functionality of Our Service, or We are legally obligated to retain this data for longer time periods.
Transfer of Your Personal Data ------------------------------
Your information, including Personal Data, is processed at the Company's operating offices and in any other places where the parties involved in the processing are located. It means that this information may be transferred to -- and maintained on — computers located outside of Your state, province, country or other governmental jurisdiction where the data protection laws may differ than those from Your jurisdiction.
Disclosure of Your Personal Data --------------------------------
Business Transactions ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Law enforcement ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Under certain circumstances, the Company may be required to disclose Your Personal Data if required to do so by law or in response to valid requests by public authorities (e.g. a court or a government agency).
Other legal requirements ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The Company may disclose Your Personal Data in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to:
* Comply with a legal obligation * Protect and defend the rights or property of the Company * Prevent or investigate possible wrongdoing in connection with the Service * Protect the personal safety of Users of the Service or the public * Protect against legal liability
Security of Your Personal Data ------------------------------
The security of Your Personal Data is important to Us, but remember that no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage is 100% secure. While We strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect Your Personal Data, We cannot guarantee its absolute security.
Children's Privacy ==================
Our Service does not address anyone under the age of 13. We do not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from anyone under the age of 13. If You are a parent or guardian and You are aware that Your child has provided Us with Personal Data, please contact Us. If We become aware that We have collected Personal Data from anyone under the age of 13 without verification of parental consent, We take steps to remove that information from Our servers.
If We need to rely on consent as a legal basis for processing Your information and Your country requires consent from a parent, We may require Your parent's consent before We collect and use that information.
Links to Other Websites =======================
We have no control over and assume no responsibility for the content, privacy policies or practices of any third party sites or services.
Contact Us ==========
* By visiting this page on our website: <https://www.gardensoyvey.com/policies.html#/>